A little bit about me...

I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education/Special Education. This is a dream that I have had for a long time. I love children, and I love working with them. My grandfather was a college professor, my aunt is a teacher, and I have several cousins that are teachers and professors as well. I guess some may think that it may be in my "blood" to be a teacher, and maybe it is. I would like to teach the younger kids from kindergarten through second grade.
My experience in teaching, I would have to say comes from teaching dance. I started dancing at the age of 2, and began teaching dance when I was a teenager. I am now the dance coach at St. Luke's Middle and High School. I teach ballet and Zumba to little kids at the YMCA and Zumba here at South.



Not Being Afraid To Try Something New In The Classroom

I believe that life is full of experiments, and if you don't try new things you never know what the outcome will be. I want to transfer that idea to the class. I know that people think in different ways, so that means people approach things differently. I am up for learning and trying different techniques. If I have no idea how to come about teaching something, I want to learn a new way from another teacher or person and see if it accomplishes my goal. I want to teach lessons differently, show new technologies and experiment with that. I believe that we shouldn't just stick to the past; we need to prepare for the future, so we must experiment and change things up. The world is rapidly changing, and we as teachers need to have the ability to change with it.