A little bit about me...

I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education/Special Education. This is a dream that I have had for a long time. I love children, and I love working with them. My grandfather was a college professor, my aunt is a teacher, and I have several cousins that are teachers and professors as well. I guess some may think that it may be in my "blood" to be a teacher, and maybe it is. I would like to teach the younger kids from kindergarten through second grade.
My experience in teaching, I would have to say comes from teaching dance. I started dancing at the age of 2, and began teaching dance when I was a teenager. I am now the dance coach at St. Luke's Middle and High School. I teach ballet and Zumba to little kids at the YMCA and Zumba here at South.



Technology

How will I use technology in my class? I am planning on answering that question with programs on the internet. I am planning on using Skype, Google documents, and blogs. I was planning on using Skype for chats with student, parents, administrators, and classes around the world. It was a wonderful program to use in a class to show students how other classes are being run. Google is a wonderful discovery. Google has programs that are like Microsoft but cheaper. Google has a word document, powerpoint, spreadsheets, drawing, and form. The access of Google documents are free and saved on the internet, so you can access them from anywhere. Students can work on assignments, and the teacher can see the progress as they're completing it. It's also good that it automatically saves the document, so there is no excuse for not turning it in. You also can now have your computer memory saved, because the documents aren't saved on your own personal computer but on the internet. I want to thank Google for giving us this ability.